Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Submitting Forms

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
JWalker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
What is the proposed idea/solution?

When a user is completing a form there should be a restriction added that if the end date is before the start date it can't be submitted.

How does is solve the user problems?

It will ensure that those filling out the form are inputting the correct information. I myself have done so on forms I have previously filled out. 

Who is the target audience?

Everyone who is looking to create forms for any purpose. Be it for personal or business.

2 Comments
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Asking for different types of a form validation is a long-term story here. You can search and read such threads for last years. Some contain suggestions about third-party form services.
I just can suggest a kind of workaround using conditional fields. You can create single-select field with no options available, make it required and conditional and put warning ("end date must be the same or later than start date") to it's description. Thus, user cannot fill it and therefore cannot submit the form until they enter correct dates.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As mentioned above, you would need to turn to external form apps for this sort of form validation.

Some of the best ones for use with Airtable are:

1. Fillout, which natively communicates with Airtable in real time, and gives tons of advanced features that are all Airtable-specific.

2. JotForm is possibly the most feature-rich form software on the Internet, and you can send data from JotForm to Airtable using Makeโ€™s JotForm integrations.

3. Cognito Forms is another great form app, and you can send data from Cognito Forms to Airtable using Makeโ€™s Cognito Forms integrations