Help

Re: Airtable to Google Calendar Automation not respecting Guest Permission defaults

1205 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sj
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm building out the Airtable to Google Calendar Automation (see this article)

It is important for us to hide the guest list so invitees cannot see other people invited or their contact information. There is not a setting inside Airtable automations that handles guest list or guest permissions from as far as I can see.

The Google Calendar account that we are using to send out these invites has guest list and guest permissions DISABLED by default. If I create a new Google Calendar invite inside Google Calendar itself, they are disabled. Works as expected and respects the defaults.

However, when I use Airtable to create Google Calendar invites, it is ignoring this setting in my Google Calendar account and creating invites that ALLOW people to view the guest list.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I would alert Airtable to this problem, and then in the meantime, I would use Make’s Google Calendar integrations.

Make lets you set the guest permissions.

If you need help navigating Make or writing a script to trigger a webhook in Make, check out my posts here and here.

Also, I forgot to mention that I am the resident expert at Airtable & Make. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Hi Scott,

Thanks for sharing your insights regarding using Make to manage guest permissions. Your guidance has shed light on a solution that seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

I'm intrigued by the idea of utilizing Make's Google Calendar integrations to set guest permissions effectively. However, I've encountered a small roadblock while attempting to activate this feature. In particular, I'm interested in the aspect of hiding guest lists for attendees in Google Calendar. I've scoured the main list module of Google Calendar, but I couldn't locate any direct option to achieve this.

Given your experience and expertise, I'm curious to know if there's a specific Integromat tool for activating the hiding guest list. Should I use a particular Integromat tool to facilitate this setup?

Any guidance you could provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @creatincube ,

Does Google Calendar offer that as part of their API?

If so, you would just use the Google Calendar Make An API Call module to accomplish that.

Remember that you’re never limited to just the preconfigured modules that Make has created for you. Make communicates with the entirety of all REST APIs, so you can always make your own API calls.

Make has built in the “Make an API Call” module into all of its supported apps, but you always have a completely generic HTTP Module to make API calls to unsupported apps as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld