Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Falcon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Edit:

Airtable response: 

Our engineering team has successfully deployed a fix for this issue (which arose from a recent update to our code) and any automations referencing an attachment should now run as expected without error.

It's working again. Thank you all.

---

Hello.

I've been using the Send Email action in automations for more than a year. Always worked great. In the Send Email action, in the Attachments section (Bottom) I selected the column that contained the file, and that file was attached in the email.

Captura de pantalla 2023-04-24 a la(s) 1.49.20 p.m..jpg

3 days ago, my automation worked fine. But today, when the automation triggered, there was a problem (An attachment url is disallowed):

Captura de pantalla 2023-04-24 a la(s) 1.53.48 p.m..jpg

I already turned off and on the automation, changed the trigger, changed pdf file for jpg, and always the same error.

I tried the automation with records that already triggered a few days ago and worked fine (My trigger is a Single select column, so, to trigger it again, I deleted the value in the single select field, and select it again). Same problem.

I already wrote to Airtable Support, but I wanted to write here too, because it is a very important feature in my workflow, and maybe one of you can help me find a solution or a workaround.

Thank you very much for your help.

36 Replies 36

I've just noticed immediately after posting that the URL field looks different now. 

Working version:

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 10.35.53.png

Broken version

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 10.36.14.png

I fear this has to do with this whole attachment change which is currently the bane of my existence, but I am alas a busy bicycle mechanic, not a developer so I really struggle to understand EXACTLY what the changes really mean, I just have to spend a couple days a month making workarounds!

Difficult to test fully at the moment, but after creating (ANOTHER) view, and (ANOTHER) formula, I seem to have my system back, - Thanks all, and support - for input and hope this helps anyone tearing their hair out (even after reading other posts)

Oleksandr_Kovpa
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello.

We still experience this issue when using the "When a form is submitted" automation trigger.

The automation was created more than a year ago and the first error occurred on May 31st, 2023.

It could be a matter of simply re-creating the automation.

gymo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I still have this issue... only when somebody submit the form. Direct from base it's no problem to send email with attachments. 

hflores
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have been having issues with this lately as well. An automation that has been working for months just started giving the same error message. I reached out to support but no one has responded.

It seems that the issue was fixed for a day last week, and then today it started giving the same error message again. It's even worse this time because any trigger I have tried has failed (whereas we would always find a workaround previously).

I have tried deleting and re-creating the automation but no luck. Please fix!

I also have 1 automation (out of hundreds) that has been failing with the “attachment url disallowed” error again for the last week or so. Luckily, it is a somewhat irrelevant automation for our operations, so I actually just removed the attachments for now. The only thing I can think that is different than any other automations is that the attached file is usually a phone-captured image, so it is decently large. But I have other automations where it emails up to 25mb files so I don’t think that’s the problem.

Anyways, I’m just lucky it is one not-important automation, but the issue seems to persist. Hopefully support gets back to you.

Illan_ZEMMOUR

The problem is absolutely not solved !

"An attachment url is disallowed" error blocks all my email automations, 
please help

Pedro_Alencar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same problem here! Anyone can help, please?

ally
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm also still receiving this error message on a very important automation. It seems like a delay/wait action would resolve the issue. Airtable team- are you still working on this?