533 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nnenna_Anwara
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a program management project tracker. I want to have certain tasks assigned to certain projects via automation and conditions. For some odd reason, nothing is working. I do have linked records (Tasks are linked to projects) and I do have the projects table and the tasks table, so very unclear as to why a record cannot be updated with the tasks.

I do not know why the input would be invalid.

2 Replies 2
Abdullah_Yuksel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Firstly, I am not sure that I understand the exact problem. You can correct me if I did not understand the problem truely. You want to paste a task’s name to the field (link to record to the Projects table) on the Task table. Sometimes these kind of entries into a linked record field raise errors. So, you should be sure about you are building a working automation. You may go step by step and check which data you try to put on the linked record field. So, check what comes from the triggered record for updating. Choosing record id works always better in this kind of updating automations. For example, you can manually write a record id of a record from the projects table, then if it works the problem is because of another reasons. Also sometimes fetching lookup fields couses errors, try to use rollup. I wish you would solve the problem.

Could you provide some screenshots of your automation action?