2711 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yonti_Levin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to use the “send an email once a record is created” automation tool, yet I want it to from an alias account connected to my g-suit account.
For example-
once a user is registered to my website I create a record containing all his info. then I want to automate an email welcoming him to our service, yet I want the mail to be sent from an alias account (info@…com) and not my personal address (for example- david@…com).

Airtable allows me to connect my g-suite account (david@…com), but the alias account (info@…com) cannot be connected (because there is no actual account).

Any suggestions on how to set an auto-reply from my alias account?

9 Replies 9

Welcome to the community, @Yonti_Levin! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: I’m not familiar with the setup of Gsuite/Google Workspaces email aliases. Is it possible to set up the alias with its own password? If so, you might be able to connect directly to that alias. Just a shot in the dark. I’m guessing that adding it as a real address would be seen as another user on the account, which would add to your monthly bill.

If that won’t work, one alternative would be to try Zapier or Integromat. I’m not sure if either of their Google connections would let you use your info@ alias instead of the main account address, but it might be worth looking.

Eric_Sims
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Yonti_Levin i’m looking to do somewhat the same thing. I will try some things out and update here if I’m able to get it working. Basically, I have an AWS account and you may be able to get one and stay on the free tier especially if you are not going to be sending a boatload of emails through SES. That should give the ability to create an user and password to an email account that is using your domain with an alias like info@…com. I have not tried it yet so I will definitely let you know if it works out for me.

Panpi_Daguerre
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello everybody, im in the same case here, did it work ?

Did it work for anyone, i am also in same boat

If you on “more option” in the gmail action, you can find “send from”, you just have to enter your alias.

HiRO
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m in the same situation. Does anybody have a solution?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The answer was previously given above. You have to click on “Show More Options” and then type in the alias email address where it says “From Address”.

You can also do this with Make's Gmail Automations. Make is an automation & integration tool that works with Airtable, and it provides much more power than Airtable's native automations do. There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses.

I am also available for hire as one of the top Airtable experts, if you need additional help.

Connor_Guy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For those still having trouble:

1. Inside Gmail
  • Go to your email account settings and add the alias you want to send from
    Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 16.36.29
  1. inside airtable
  • select the more options
  • Put the alias in that you want to send from
    Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 16.37.44
  1. Profit :winking_face: