882 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_Krumins
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I set an automation to deliver a daily report to my team Slack, triggered at a scheduled time. This report would find all active Projects (either using a preset View or a Condition) and then insert those found records into the Slack message as a grid.

This is the AirTable guide I used (mirrored from email to Slack).

Here are the steps:

1. Set trigger at scheduled time.
  2. Use “Find records” action to pull active projects from the Projects table. This was tested using both a preset View and set Conditions.
  3. Use the “Send message” Slack action. Select the “insert records as grid” option. Check the applicable boxes for fields to include.
  4. Test action.
  5. Turn automation on and test using trigger.

Each time, the records were not displayed in a grid format but in a string of code.

Has anyone else run into this issue or requested support from the AirTable team?

Thanks!

AirTable_Automation_Support_1
AirTable Automation Support_2
AirTable_Automation_Support_3
AirTable_Automation_Support_4
AirTable_Automation_Support_5

4 Replies 4
Michele_Jenkin1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Same issues – List is rendered as HTML with no option for plain text.

Anyone know how we can get a list of records in a slack message friendly format?

Michele_Jenkin1

ah, “This feature is currently only available to be used within an email body. You can use this with our native Send email action, as well as the Send email action for Outlook and Gmail.”

In other words, it wont work for Slack. Seems like it would be easy to make this more cross-platform just by having a plain text option. …

Carolyna_Branda
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same issue! I hope Airtable fix this soon, really considering to pay another automation tool only to do something that a native feature already does

Christopher_Sc2

Here’s a workaround:

Use an email automation to send an email to a Slack channel: https://slack.com/slack-tips/send-email-to-slack

It will display the email in Slack with the full grid information that you include in the automation.