cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joaquinbach
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Scenario:

As a club manager, I need to organize recurring and one-off events with different ticket types. My goal is to use Airtable to input event details, including frequencies, ticket types, and relevant information. To simplify planning and coordination, I want to visualize these events in a calendar view within Airtable.

Problem to Solve:

How can I efficiently set up Airtable to manage both recurring and one-off events with various ticket types and present them effectively in a user-friendly calendar view? I'm looking for advice on structuring the base, utilizing fields, and best practices to achieve a clear and organized calendar display of upcoming events. Templates or step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help!

2 Replies 2

Am thinking out loud here…. If you’re looking for a template, I would suggest checking  the Airtable Universe…. If you want to start building this yourself, I would suggest starting with 3 tables:

Events has the Event name, the frequency, the number of times it happens, and the Start Date. This links to the Tickets and Dates tables. 

Tickets has the types of tickets. This links to the Events table

Dates is the table that you will use to generate the calendar.

Again, thinking out loud…… You can use a form to create the events and automations or scripts to create records in the Dates table for each specific Event that brings in the types of tickets you’re selling for that Event.

Lom_Labs
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello @joaquinbach, we've built an app for this and you can find it here: https://lomlabs.gumroad.com/l/zbkfxz

You can set the start date, end date, and intervals and it will create the records for you with Airtable Automations:enddate.gif
Or you can just set the number of times you want the event to occur too!