876 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhys_Northern
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all! First post here. Airtable has seriously changed my life. As someone who navigates the world with ADHD, this platform has, in the span of less than a month, changed the way I work and live. It is nothing short of a miracle. I absolutely love that you can automate tasks through Zapier, and I’d love to tap into that – but I have some questions about automating tasks without the use of Zapier, as I’m not in love with their price tag. $20/month for 1,000 tasks is a little steep, IMO, and, I’d also love to be able to customize the tasks more than Zapier will allow.

Is it possible to automate tasks without the use of a platform like Zapier? Example: I’ve set up a marketing request system at my job, and when someone makes a request, Zapier places the request in my Asana To-Do list. I’d love to be able to do that without Zapier, but even more, I’d love to be able to add a checkbox in my Marketing Requests Airtable base (or in my Asana to-do list), and when I check the box to mark a task as completed, an email will be sent to the requester letting them know that their request has been fulfilled.

Any other information about automating tasks without the use of a platform like Zapier would be appreciated! My organization is on more than a tight budget (read: $0) and I am trying to put together a no-cost system for this year, and next year when we’re in a better place we can look at better paid options.

Thank you!
Rhys

4 Replies 4

You have the API and other services similar to Zapier, like IFTT (free).

You could also try Integromat - it’s a bit buggy when setting it up with Airtable at the moment but once configured works. It’s cleverer that Zapier and you may find the free account has enough capacity for you (also, unlike Zapier, the free account includes all the functionality).

I would just like Airtable and Integromat to work together to improve the experience when setting up!

I did look into IFTT, but it didn’t seem to have as many integrations as Zapier. Also, I don’t really have much coding/scripting knowledge, so I’m kinda a noob at this.

I will check this out, thank you Julian!