Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jugglegood
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a field that has stuff in it like this

" 2023-02-09 Jeff Alexander Website"

I'm using a formula to extract the date and the name so then I have fields that look like
" 2023-02-09" and "Jeff Alexander Website"

I want to make a calendar view of this table. It's asking for a date field. Even though i have a field that isolates the date ( 2023-02-09 ) it isn't a field type of date, so airtable doesn't recognize it. 

my thinking is that i need a date field and i need to autopopulate it and i don't know how. I'm open to other ideas for how to put " 2023-02-09 Jeff Alexander Website" into a calendar view

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ben_Young1
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hey @jugglegood

If you already have a field that is extracting the date from the string, you can use the DATETIME_PARSE() function to have the formula return a date value which will Airtable will then be able to leverage to populate a calendar view.

Let us know if there's any additional nuance here or if you need any help with getting that formula together!

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Ben_Young1
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hey @jugglegood

If you already have a field that is extracting the date from the string, you can use the DATETIME_PARSE() function to have the formula return a date value which will Airtable will then be able to leverage to populate a calendar view.

Let us know if there's any additional nuance here or if you need any help with getting that formula together!