11 - Venus
11 - Venus

[SOLVED]  Thank you for your help!

UPDATE:

I resolved the syntax issue.

Hi Everyone!

I just need help with the search filters.  TY
I am getting an error message, when I run my scenario:

“The operation failed with an error. [422] The formula for filtering records is invalid: Unknown field names: 321”

I need help with:
  1. Airtable filter in the Search module
I don’t know what the make.com filter syntex is for searching records. I am not a programmer, so I will need step by step instructions. The unique ID is SCOTT #. TY

2. Creating filters to avoid duplicate records in my Airtable base, in Make.com for:

1. New Records

2. Update records

These search filters will be in the same scenario.

I am using a Google sheet for all record data, there are new records and existing records in one Google Sheet.

I am attaching screenshots.

Any help would be appreciated. I am just starting to use make.com a bit more now and to me, it seems to be a bit of a learnng curve.
3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, I couldn't see where you're setting the formula via your screenshots, sorry if I missed it!

Here's a Make scenario I set up that watches a Google Sheet and searches an Airtable table based on the value from cell A of the new row:
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 10.54.34 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 10.54.40 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 11.47.18 AM.png

I think you could do this fully within Airtable if you had the automations to spare as well

Hi Adam!

Thank you!

So I managed to get the syntax filter set up.

I am just not sure about the filters to not create duplicates for:

1. Create a new record

and 

2. Update a record

Also, what values do I put into the Create and Update a record in the Airtable modules?

For the Unique key, it’s SCOTT #, do I use the value from the Airtable Search module?

For the field values, ie Stamp Description field, in Create and Update a record in Airtable modules, is it the Google sheet values?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hmm, you say you've got the syntax for the filter set up, so I'm assuming you've got a working "Search Records" module that outputs the number of records it found based on your unique ID

If so, use a router to determine whether you should then create a record or update a record?

Are you trying to create like a one to one copy of the Google Sheet in Airtable or something?  Sorry, I don't really know what you're trying to do and so I don't know what values to use and stuff