1616 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alter345
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello there ! and thanks in advance for your kind replies …
I have 2 tables 1 for contact “contact”, the second for “CRM”
I have an automation that when a new contact is created on the table 1, i create a new entry in the CRM table. It works well … but !
If on the forst table I change the "product of interest, i will get a duplicate on the CRM table … ;(
is there any way i can fix this ?
I was thinking of creating a new automation for update record but i’m not sure it will work … thanks !!

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 16.38.52 Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 16.39.01

10 Replies 10

Could you post a screenshot of your automation setup? Something tells me the trigger should be changed.

Thanks for your reply see attached the automation
thanksScreen Shot 2021-02-23 at 18.34.39 Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 18.34.52

If you occasionally change the product of interest, perhaps remove that condition from the automation trigger. Only trigger when the client is not empty.

Thank you very much for your reply. That would be a solution but I still have some bugs this way ;(
In fact, if I modify name and /or surname in the table 1, all my automation will be turned off (with the message : Creating the record failed due to insufficient permissions) and i will get some duplicates (see attached)

Second problem is, i have a table number 3, that is for “recurring tasks”
I a customer has selected product one of interest, then populate a list of task
Problem is the same as my first comment, if I modify the product, I will get duplicates in the task tab (see attached)
Do you see any solution ? thanks !!!Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 08.51.50

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 08.39.16 Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 08.39.22

Sorry for the delayed reply. It’s been kinda crazy here.

Instead of automatically making a new record when those conditions are met, I suggest using a script. It could check to see if a record for that client already exists and only make a new record if it doesn’t. A similar solution might also work to eliminate the duplicate tasks. If you’d like help with such a script, just holler.

Hello
no problem for the delay and thank you for your help :winking_face:
Well, if you have an “already made” script why not, i can check
Otherwise, don’t worry … I made an automation worflow

thanks !!

Unfortunately I don’t have a script already made, and I’m not in a place where I can put one together just now.

Also, I should have clarified that when I said “using a script” I actually meant a script action inside an automation, so that the process is still largely hands-off.

Hi Justin ! thanks again for your help !
I had considered making a script action inside an automation …
But i went with “classic” automation, when enter a view, it creates task, I have more than 20 taks per automation and 10 automations … I hope it will work … :winking_face:

thanks!

Per this support article, a base can have up to 25 automations, each with up to 25 actions.

Hello, yes :winking_face: I think I’m ok with this thanks !