Help

Re: Automation and google sheet: wrong use or automation issue?

2048 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alessandra_Carl
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all, I am an airtable enthusiast and recently started using automations.
I am trying to report data from an airtable table to a google sheet using an automation.
I am not getting the desired result, either using the list format or using the table format.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a malfunction?
I attach the screenshot of the airtable table, the screenshot of the automation and the screenshot of the results on google sheet.
I hope someone can help me to solve it without the need to activate paid plugins.
Thanks for any support you can give me

6 Replies 6

Hm, I think the "Insert all records as List/Grid" option is generally expected to be used in conjunction with emails, and it's an HTML element that displays the found records

I don't think you're able to create one new row in Google Sheets per found Airtable record with the "Find Record" action I'm afraid, and you'll need to have an automation run per Airtable record that you want appended as a new row in Google Sheets

Thanks for the answer @TheTimeSavingCo  , although I would have preferred it to work the way I needed it to.

I have another question: is it possible to read all the rows of a table, one row at a time, without knowing in advance how many there are, using automation, without scripts?

Thanks!

I don't think so; the "Find Record" action can only get you 100 records, so once your table has more than 100 records you wouldn't be able to get all of them with an automation without a script

My table is smaller than 100 records.

If I get for example 30 records with "Find Record" am I able to process them one at a time with automation?
I have already done an automation to create a variable number of rows (from 1 to 5) based on the content of a field, but it is a sequential approach and not recursive, I can't expect to use the same method for 20-30 items ...

Thanks anyway for your patience and explanations

Hm, so you want to find a number of records and create one record for reach record in the result? 

If so, you'd probably need a script or a third party tool like Zapier to help you with this I'm afraid

Alessandra_Carl
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have tried Coupler.io which is really useful and easy to use.
However, the cost is quite high for the amount of updates I have to make. In the end I created an interface that collects the information and reports it back to google sheet by hand.
Thanks anyway @Anna_Gogol for the suggestion