579 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenn_Iannaconi
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am using airtable for a membership database. I have a table for youth and a table for adults. I use a formula to calculate age and when members turn 18 they are copied to the table for adults. BUT every now and then the birthdate field gets copied over incorrectly and I get the most bizarre ages.

For instance a test record was copied over with the birthdate 10/1/0200 instead of 2000 so they are listed as being 1,821 years old. And it’s not happening every time. This one happened today but a record from last week copied over correctly. Anyone have any ideas what I should look at?

2 Replies 2

Welcome back to the community, @Jenn_Iannaconi! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: How is the record being copied over? I’m guessing that it’s via an automation, but if you can share specific details (including screenshots, if possible), that would help tremendously.

On a side note, in a case like this I would consider putting everyone into a single table, and using filters to create “Youth” and “Adult” views based on age. That way no copying would be necessary, as each youth-turned-adult would move automatically to the other view.

Hi Justin, I have been swamped and haven’t been able to come back to this until today. I do have an automation set up, but I’ve actually maxed out and may move this automation to Zapier.

As for combining them into a table, I don’t think that will work for us at this time. But it is absolutely something for me to consider. We have A TON of views already though and it’s getting a bit unwieldy as it is.