727 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessica_Crocker
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have an automation that looks for new records and then copies relevant data to another tab. However! The new records are coming across from an API that often creates duplicates (I can't access/ change this part) and my automation is also creating duplicates (despite setting up a Find function to avoid this) I think because the automations happen so fast they don't have time to find the double? The older records don't duplicate if that makes sense, just when a new set of two gets made via the API.

I tried setting the automation to trigger at a given time each day, but then my Find action doesn't work as it can't check a string against text if that makes sense.

Can anyone help with a solution? thanks very much

2 Replies 2

Can you share more info about your situation? What about screen shots of your automation configurations?

Are you creating duplicates in the same table, or creating linked records?

How frequently are records created by the API? Does the API create new records in batches, with duplicates within the batch, or could the API duplicates 

There are ways of introducing a delay in between automation steps with scripting. But my gut instinct here is that it is hard to provide guidance without more information.

Jessica_Crocker

Thanks for your help - here is a screenshot. The API runs daily at midnight, creating duplicate records in the same table. No links (as the API-linked sheet will overwrite daily so can't/ don't want to link to it). Does that help give more info? A delay between runs for the automation sounds ideal if possible! thanks so much