1020 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erin_Laird
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to use airtable to manage data for a large research study, so automation is key here. I set up an automation so that when I enter a participants data into our “Screening” table, it automatically created a record in the “Master” sheet AND links to their record in the screening table. Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 5.17.57 PM
Here is what the “create record” automation looked like when it was working: Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 5.20.02 PM

It was working fine and dandy until today, I tried to enter a new participant and it stopped automatically linking to their record in the screening table. And now looks like this: Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 5.21.07 PM
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 5.21.18 PM

Does anyone have any advice on why this would be happening? I haven’t touched this automation or anything related to it since it ran fine a week ago.

2 Replies 2
  1. Your first screenshot shows values for {Longitudinal ID} as “0001” and “0002” but in both automation screenshots the values being inserted into that field are Airtable record IDs. Is that on purpose?
  2. What are the settings for the Update Record step?
  3. Are there any steps that occur before the Update Record step?
  4. What are the field permissions for {Screener Card Link} set to?
  1. I need to have a longitudinal ID and I figured the easiest way to do this would be to change the automatically generated airtable record ID to the longitudinal ID that I want… I changed the airtable record ID myself on purpose but that may be messing up my automation?
  2. I don’t have an update record step, just “when a record is created in “Screening” create a record in “Master”” Here’s a full screenshot of the automation: Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 12.53.43 PM
  3. Field permissions are editors and up for {screener card link}