cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tahsinh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I have an automation that updates the Invoice Table paid column with a checkmark when we receive a Payment in the Payments Table with a matching invoice number. We now have noticed that clients may pay the invoice twice. To document this, I wanted to have a linked column (to my payment table) in my Invoice table that links the matching payment. My automation currently updates the invoice base and will populate the 1 linked record, however if a 2nd charge comes, it replaces the record. I know it is possible to link multiple records in one field (and use rollup function) as I have done this before, but I am struggling with the automation populating both linked records and keeping them. Any solutions? Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

you can do this by updating the linked field with the new payment linked record separated by a comma and the old payment value (linked record)

So it will populate 2 linked records? I have 2 automations updating the invoice table from the payment tab, if the 2nd automation runs, it will overwrite the linked payment record from the previous automation (1st transaction)

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

it will populate what was in the record before along with the new value.  If you have 2 linked records you want to add at the same time, you would need to have to searches that each return a linked record. Then you would add them the same way:  search results 1, search results 2

Could you provide screenshots of your two tables and some example data as well?  The way to solve this problem varies greatly depending on your base setup

May I also know how the Payments data currently gets populated?