cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamiemburns
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! 

I work for an event facility and we are trying to automate our calendar with a submission form. The idea is that when a new form is submitted with an event name, date and time that it will be automatically added to Google calendar. With the current automation, it syncs the date with google calendar, but defaults to 12pm for the time for everything submitted. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make this work? 

Thanks! 
Jamie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you!  Could you try unchecking the "All day event" checkbox?

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 9.13.36 PM.png

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6

Hmm, could you include a screenshots of how you've attempted to combine the "Start Date" and "Start Time" field values and how you used that combined value in your automation? 

I take it there's a business requirement that prevents you from just having one "Start Date/Time" field that allows the user to select both the date and the time?

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 8.15.47 PM.png

Form is attached. In google calendar, it is syncing and putting the event on the actual date, but defaults to all day. So if I put an event in from 12pm (start time) - 1pm (end time) on 3/11/24, it would sync to google calendar as an all day event on 3/11/24/

Ah, you're now using a single date time field instead of a date field and a time field, that's great!

Could you please provide screenshots of your automation setup, specifically of the action that creates the event in Google Calendar?

Thank you!  Could you try unchecking the "All day event" checkbox?

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 9.13.36 PM.png

Thank you! I'm not sure how I missed that, but it worked!