cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacktilly
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey everyone!

Today we had an issue where a few of our automations started failing due to all of our “Link to _” fields breaking. We have been using these fields as a main link between tables, and they have all started failing with the same error:

Field “_ ID” cannot accept the provided value: Cannot modify a computed field.

Does anybody have any idea what might have happened? This all started happening around 1:30pm EDT today, and it is not just one table, but at least 4 or 5 tables. Any insight into what might have happened would be very much appreciated. It is a very big workflow issue for our company as this drives a lot of what we work on a daily basis. Thank you!

23 Replies 23
jacktilly

I have received an email from Airtable support:

“So sorry for the inconvenience here! As it turns out there was an issue on our end with automations that use an autonumber field. Our team has let me know that they’ve fixed this, so you should be seeing this change reflected in the Automations that were previously failing.”

@Nicholas_Morris

I am hesitant to once again change something that is working, but would love to hear if this fixed your issue.

@jacktilly This fixed my issue! Everything that was previously working is now again working.

Thank you so much for reporting back!

Kris
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Also fixed my automation issue – which appeared to be the same one you were encountering.

It is now working exactly as it was before (I removed any edits made to confirm this).