1094 11
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
furucia2023
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone, here is my situation: I'm working with KPIs and must record the people whose projects have been trained.  I'm using forms to collect the participant's data. So I have:

• Table 1 "People trained": the table where I have the forms and the data collected about people trained is stored.
  • Table 2 "projects":  which is the one where I have the project data and want to update their KPIs when a form is summited. 

So my idea is to have in the table "projects" a count of people by the different KPIs registered in the table "people trained," for example, I'm looking to have in each project record the number of women that have been trained under the framework of that project. So, it means that every time a form is submitted, each project record needs to be updated.

I already have linked table 2 with Table 1 by the projects field using the "Linked records" type, so when a person fills out the form, they can manually select the project that belongs to the activity they are participating in. So I can do that relationship: people trained by the project. 

However, right now, I'm stuck in the automatization process of linking the Table 1 projects with Table 2 because I'm using a field in Table 2 as "Linked Records" type, but doing it that way is supposed that I should add all the records created in table 1 manually. It can't be because, in the end, it will be hundreds of submissions by more than ten projects. 

I'd appreciate a lot your help from the buttom of my hearth! 

11 Replies 11
Kenneth_Raghuna
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

As @Arthur_Tutt  said, if people select the record when they fill out the form, the link should already be established.

I'm sensing that there's something more to this set up that hasn't been shared with us yet. Maybe you are having people select the project as a single-select, rather than a linked record?

Can you share the form with us?

furucia2023

Thank you so much @Kenneth_Raghuna you gave a clue, and I have fixed it! I was doing a linked record, however, I had selected the option "Allow linking to multiple records" so I was required to select them one by one. 

Now is working as I expected! 😁