cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_Krutz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an automation that generates tasks with due dates. For example, when I create a project with an overall due date in a "projects" table, I plan to create a record in the "tasks" table with individual tasks and due dates calculated from the project due date.

So, I'm trying to get the task to calculate its own due date based on the "Send Date" field in my Projects table. I have the following formula that isn't working.

Sarah_Krutz_0-1685729597696.png

I have also tried -21, "days", and a few other solutions others have seen, but I continue to get an error that says "Could not convert string to date" -- any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

We can't use formulas within automations I'm afraid.  You're going to need to create a formula field to hold that value and use that field in your automation instead

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

We can't use formulas within automations I'm afraid.  You're going to need to create a formula field to hold that value and use that field in your automation instead

Sarah_Krutz

Dang - that is a bit frustrating. Thank you!

Jason_Jakarta
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is a big frustration in Airtable especially around dates. I created an useful video on how I get around this, can easily be adapted to use inputs and add/subtract time too

Hope it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2eTUFvyGY0

Worked pretty well! tx!