Help

Upcoming database upgrades. Airtable functionality will be reduced for ~15 minutes at 06:00 UTC on Feb. 4 / 10:00 pm PT on Feb. 3. Learn more here

Can I use automation to change a Single Select in one table based on the change of a Single select on another table?

Topic Labels: Automations
378 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two linked tables in the same base i) Accounts ii) Meetings. I would like to update the “status” field (single select) on the Accounts table based on the the “meeting outcome” field (single select) on the Meetings table.

For example if I create a new record in the Meetings table for Account#5 and I set the Meeting “status” field to “Successful”, I would like to automatically change Account#5’s record in the Account table to “Won”. Conversely, if I create a new record in the Meetings table for Account#5 and I set the Meeting “status” field to “Unsuccessful”, I would like to automatically change Account#5’s record in the Account table to “Lost”.

Can this be achieved with automations? I haven’t used scripts and am not a programmer so not to comfortable using that approach.

1 Reply 1

The two tables will need to be linked in some way using linked records so that accounts and meetings can be linked. Then in each table you would use a lookup field to find the status of the meeting/account and set your automations to change the status based on that lookup field.