Help

Re: Conditional action based on whether field contains date - value returning object instead of valu

272 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leslie_Davol
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,
I have created an automation which takes an action based on whether a value (a list of dates, via a lookup field) contains today's date (via a formula field). Both are formatted to only include date and not time. However the action is not working because the value returned for the first step is [object Object], rather than an actual value (the list of dates). Any ideas? Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

It sounds like you are using a script?  If so, use the console.log function to output your data and select the correct elements to return to your field.

Could you provide screenshots of your table with example data and automation setup please?

Leslie_Davol

I am not using a script, just using the various options for formulas, lookups, and automations. See screen shots below. I have events in one table, and people in another. Basically I want to be able to send a slack message to when I have booked them for a shift (name entered in linked column called "confirmed" and then using last modified time, limited to those that were modified today). Limiting to "last" doesnt work because if I remove someone from the confirmed column, I dont want to send a message to the last person booked before that change was made. Thanks!