4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

is there a way to copy records between tables in different bases
or how to switch the current base
a little example would be helpful
thx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Automations don’t work across bases, You would either need to write a custom script, or use an external low-code automation tool like Make,

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. In that thread, I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

By the way, you didn’t explain what you are trying to do — do you really need separate bases to accomplish your goals?

In Airtable, it’s typically best to keep everything in one base, and use multiple tables and multiple views instead. I discuss tables and views in my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a trial membership with LinkedIn Learning: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-airtable/

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

What specifically are you trying to accomplish?

You could use Airtable’s sync for a one-way, read-only sync from source to destination.

Karsten_Gessner
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need an automation on submit copy the current record to another table in different base

Automations don’t work across bases, You would either need to write a custom script, or use an external low-code automation tool like Make,

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. In that thread, I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

By the way, you didn’t explain what you are trying to do — do you really need separate bases to accomplish your goals?

In Airtable, it’s typically best to keep everything in one base, and use multiple tables and multiple views instead. I discuss tables and views in my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a trial membership with LinkedIn Learning: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-airtable/

separate bases are not needed it’s just the way it is right now
and I needed a confirmation that this is not working as suggested
the idea was to have a separate base that contains all web form
which now turns out as bad practice :winking_face:
thx

I need assistance in similar regard. 

I have a base having details of my male friends, which includes their contact numbers, birthdates, marriage dates, their photo (mugshot), emails etc.

Another base similarly has the details of their spouses.

On a daily basis I get to see the birthday and anniversary in each base, separately, as a 'Daily View'.

Now, I wish to combine these two bases, so that in just report daily I can see the birthday and anniversary of all affected on that day. 

How can I merge these two bases, or copy all records from one to the other? Also, before doing that would I need to ensure that the fields are common in both the bases? And, will the photos in each record also get copied?

Please guide. I will be grateful.