673 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lost-Merovingia
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have a base, and I’m not sure if I’ve designed it in the right way, but I’ve made a table for all the purchases, and I have another table for the customers, so I thought it would be easy to link them … but I don’t really know what I’m doing.

I created a linked field type … but maybe it should be a formula … ?

Anyone have any insights on this for me?

I’ve also played around with the ‘count’ field type … but I don’t know how to make the email a variable. Is that what I would need to do?

4 Replies 4

Unfortunately, Airtable doesn’t do automatic linking of records, so you can’t tell Airtable to count a bunch of records based on some dynamic criteria that you specify.

What you will need to do is use the linked record field that you originally created, and then MANUALLY add purchases to each customer using that linked record field. This is a manual process that you will need to do yourself.

After that, you can create a count field that points to that linked record field (and you won’t need to add any conditions to it).

So … even with some script … this can’t be done?

Yes, you can write a script that manually links records on your behalf. But Airtable doesn’t have the native automatic ability to do this.

Ah … great okay … it’s possible. I’ll find someone to do that for me. Thanks.