cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
username1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello everyone, 

As a event planner, I would like to set some automations to create another record when one specific is created. I would like to create a record "Set Up" when I create a record "Meeting" in the same room, to have the set up already writen in the planning without having to write it myself.

Do you know a formula to automatise creating a record in the same room ? I tried 

IS_SAME({ROOM NAME})

Thanks in advance 

3 Replies 3

Airtable formulas cannot create new records. The IS_SAME() function is for comparing dates.

To automatically create a new record, use the automations feature in Airtable. 

Hello 🙂

Yes I am trying to do an automation to create a record "Set-up" everytime I had a record "Meeting" in the same room (the room are fields my team created) for the two records. And in the automation I am trying to add a formula to automise the room.

EX: I create a record "Meeting" in the cafeteria, I would like to have a automation to create a record "Set-up" in the same room, the cafeteria.

Thank you 🙂

FlywheelConsult
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just in case there's confusion, automations are different than formulas. 

I might need more details, but in the automation triggers, you can have it trigger when a record matches conditions and one of the automation actions you can take is to make a new record in a table based on the results of the trigger. Based on how you described your problem, I don't think you would need a formula field in your table to do this automation.