853 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Layla_Barron
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm using the 'create google doc' automation to output a grid of records.

One of my record fields is a formula field - which is concatenating 2 long text fields together, and using the '\n' in the formula to give me a line break between the two fields being pulled in.

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 17.04.13.png

This works fine in the airtable (it shows the line breaks) - but I loose the line break when the google doc is generated:

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 17.05.21.png

Any help very appreciated!! 🙂

Layla

5 Replies 5
RonniEloff_VKDe
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Not sure if this will work (going back to my javascript programming days) have you tried 'CR'.

I know that \n is supposed to work but I have seen sometimes that got stripped out of my zapier

Layla_Barron

Ah thanks so much for the reply - but that doesn't work unfortunately. Have found an explanation though below

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Layla_Barron 

Because of the many limitations with Airtable’s native Google Docs automation, I typically recommend that people use Make’s Google Docs automations.

Since their modules support HTML code, you would just use normal HTML code in your Airtable formulas to represent your line breaks. (You may want to create additional formulas in your Airtable base that are used solely for these automations.)

When using HTML, you can get a line break through one of these methods:

<br><br>

or

<p></p>

There are probably other ways, too.

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses.

p,s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

irtiza
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

XSS