I’ve created a couple of automations using trigger events - if a record is created in Table A, create a new record in Table 1 populating a subset of fields. When I test the automation it works fine. Yet, in practice, it appears to be adding blank rows in Table 1 vs populating the actual data. Any thoughts on how to fix?
I have many thoughts about this - I can think of 16 ways this could be failing. I’ll bet the community can narrow it down if you share a little more detail about the automation such as a screenshot, an explanation of the process steps, and how you actions attempt to perform those steps.
Hi - sure, screen shots attached. On the right you’ll see the automation one to populate events and another to populate emails. ON the left is the sheet that is supposed to be populated by the automation. Row 29 and 44 are the trigger tests that I did today - as you can see, it worked then, but not live.
The “new record” trigger fires as soon as you create the record, meaning that it is firing on a completely blank record. So you will want to change your trigger to something else, such as “when a record matches conditions”.
When you say “…but not live” above, should I assume that you’re not using a form to populate new records in Content-Email. If you are, the record you create with the automation action should have data (as long as you’re requiring it in the form).
If someone is entering it in the grid view by adding a new row, and then typing in the fields, then ScottWorld is correct. In that case, you can do something kludgy like using a created on field and a formula field that calcs minutes from created to NOW(). Then trigger on that formula being greater than X minutes (gives users time to fill in fields).