Help

Re: Created an Automation to email someone once a record is updated. Google reported an error while processing this action: Insufficient Permission

661 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohammed_Siddiq
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I recently set up an automation to fire off an email when a record enters a certain view. When I set up this automation, I had the email fired off from my own email (as I connected my gmail account and slack). However, we’d like to have the email sent from our HR email. Our HR person switched out my slack with their own and used their email for the automation. However, now when testing we receive the below error message:

Error Message: Google reported an error while processing this action: Insufficient Permission

If I switch it back to my email & slack, all works fine. I’m wondering if there are specific Google Settings which need to be adjusted. Anyone have any experience encountering this and how to resolve the issue?

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @Mohammed_Siddiqui! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Is the HR email address actually a Google account, or is it an address on another domain that’s being accessed via Google?

On a possibly-related note, I recall seeing a conversation (somewhere; I can’t find it right now) where it was discovered that personal Gmail accounts work fine, but accounts that are part of GSuite cause problems. Again, this is a somewhat hazy memory of a discussion that I can’t seem to track down, but I’m mentioning it in case it has some bearing on your situation.

Hi Justin and thank you!

The email ends in our workspace domain, just like my work email (which seemed to work).

Thanks for the update. With both emails coming from the same workspace, it doesn’t make sense that one would work while the other fails. I’m short on time and don’t know where else to go with this, so I recommend reaching out to Airtable support to see if they have any input on the situation.

Josine_Bakkes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Mohammed_Siddiqui did you find an answer to your problem? I’m encountering the same problem.