cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justboty2k
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everybody,

I have the following issue and hope somebody can help me with that!

Background:

I have setup a form in Webflow and want to push the data to an Airtable table. I created a flow in Webflow (The second step in the webflow form is "Make HTTP request", "Authentication" is set to "None", In this step I added the Hook URL I copied from the Automation in Airtable).

Justboty2k_1-1696761307197.png

The corresponding flow is setup and tested in Workflow and setup and tested in Airtable. I was able to map the colums from Airtable with the actual data from Webflow. When I run a test in Webflow where I build the flow a new line with all the data is created in the Airtable table - same when I test the automation in Airtable itself.

Here is the problem:

When I submit data via the form on the website I build with Webflow, a new line is created in my Airtable table, but without any data in it.

Justboty2k_0-1696761081758.png

- The record in line 13 has been created after I tested the Airtable automation -> Data available
- The record in line 14 has been created after I filled out the live form on the webflow page -> No data

How can this be fixed?

-- Additional Note --

I just wanted to create some more Screenshots to show you that the Automation test in airflow works fine.

This time I got an error and when I check I see that the corresponding corresponding data fields from the webflow automation are not available anymore. I can fix this when I run a test in webflow and apply the data. Then the date is available in Airflow again, after I run a Test trigger and then the automation test passes again.

Seems like the "create record" step in Airtalbe automation seems to breake automatically after some time. Maybe somebody has an idea here - this might be the problem.

Thanks + All the Best

3 Replies 3

Did you configure your Airtable automation to process all the incoming fields from Webflow?

Alternatively, my typical recommendation is to use Make’s Webflow Automations and Integrations when trying to send data from WebFlow to Airtable, because it’s much easier to setup & configure, and you have significantly more power, expandability, control, and customizability when using Make.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. 

CARDAdmin
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there @Justboty2k, were you able to resolve this?  I have a similar issue where it tests fine in the Webflow (the logic) and the row is added to Airtable.  But on the published site, a submission from the form does not save to Airtable.  I do get the email notification that a form was submitted.

CARDAdmin

@ScottWorld, as far as I understand, the automation flow is not necessary when you set up the Logic on Webflow's end.  The test is successful but it doesn't work on the live published site.