cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khyati_Chudasam
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello

I have 2 fields: Start Date and Time (Calendar filed) & End date & Time ( Formula field based on Startdate+ Duration)

I am trying to create an automation for creating events in Google calendar based on the checkmark trigger. But get an error refer the image.

Please help
Capture

7 Replies 7

This seems to be some sort of a bug in Airtable. I would send an email to support@airtable.com about this issue, and post back here with what they say.

It looks like there is not end time in your screen capture. Can you check the record in the grid view to see if there is an end time and duration? Also check the formula for the end time to see why it might be returning a blank value.

I’ve already tried it with both start time and end time, and it doesn’t work. I’ve also tried with all day events and not all day events. Airtable will only accept date fields, not formula fields, which is not right. I’ve reported it to Airtable as a bug as well, but so should @Khyati_Chudasama

@Khyati_Chudasama Another Airtable consultant just gave me the workaround to this bug. Create an earlier automation action to set a normal date field to the contents of your formula field, and then use that date field in your formula.

However, be sure to still report this bug to support@airtable.com, because we shouldn’t need to go through this extra step.

Carolina_Pereir
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I have the same issue, @Khyati_Chudasama did you fix this problem? @ScottWorld could you explain more about the workaround that you talked before??

Hi @Carolina_Pereira_da, what part of my workaround did you not understand? What part didn’t work for you? Please post screenshots or a video of your setup.

Carolina_Pereir
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @ScottWorld, I had success in this case. I think when I tried the first time I made some mistake and doesn’t work, but I tried again and now it is working. thanks a lot.