cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlaplante
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello all!

I have a formula field in one of my tables that generates a custom URL to an Airtable form where I want to pre-fill one of the fields, and send the URL to the main point of contact through email.

The formula is this:

CONCATENATE("https://airtable.com/XXXXXXX/ZZZZZZZZZ/form?prefill_ClientID=",RECORD_ID(),"&hide_ClientID=true")

And it shows in Airtable correctly (this is a direct paste from the table field):

However, when the email automation runs, the URL that shows up has the 2 underscore characters removed, as follows:

jlaplante_1-1704288274539.png

You'll see that the "_" characters after the words "prefill" and "hide" have been stripped.  

I don't believe it's the email client (Google) doing this, as I can email the direct link from the table through email and it comes through fine.

Any idea why this is happening?

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This seems to be a longstanding bug in Airtable.

I believe that the workaround for this bug is to use markdown in your email. For example:

[text to describe the link](Your URL Field Here)

If that markdown workaround doesn’t work, I would recommend using Make’s Airtable automations to send your email. You can immediately trigger an email by following these instructions to trigger a Make webhook.

There might also be other workarounds that people know about, that they might post below.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This seems to be a longstanding bug in Airtable.

I believe that the workaround for this bug is to use markdown in your email. For example:

[text to describe the link](Your URL Field Here)

If that markdown workaround doesn’t work, I would recommend using Make’s Airtable automations to send your email. You can immediately trigger an email by following these instructions to trigger a Make webhook.

There might also be other workarounds that people know about, that they might post below.

Thanks, Scott!

The markdown workaround worked.  Here's what my automation looks like now:

jlaplante_0-1704291042856.png

I added the bits that are highlighted.  Worked like a champ!

Thanks so much for the quick response!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You’re welcome! Glad I could help! 😃