1421 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orthomedisurg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I got as far as selecting my records - but it won’t let me insert them. This is the last step before I can test the email.

Why won’t it let me insert the selected records ?

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 2.47.37 PM

9 Replies 9
Orthomedisurg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If I skip this test and run the automation - it sends the email just fine.

Hi @Orthomedisurg and welcome to the community!

Did you test all the previous steps?

Orthomedisurg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes - I’ve tested all the previous steps - and there are no problems. I’m really stumped. I don’t understand why it won’t let me insert records as attachments.

Orthomedisurg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also don’t have a lot of steps.

1. trigger at the Time 5pm daily - test done
  2. find records in income table with service date set to ‘today’ - test done
  3. send email … to … subject … message … and then attachment is where the problem is.

Thank you for helping.

It appears that if you add the “find records” action, it doesn’t allow you to attach the documents from your found records.

@ScottWorld , do you know more?

@Databaser and @ScottWorld - any update on this thread? I am experiencing the same issue. I need to attach the record in hopes of receiving a .CSV file instead of rendering the record as HTML.

Sorry, just seeing this thread now for the first time!

I was able to get the attachments to appear in the Attachments field by choosing this path:

The “Find Records” step > “Records” > “Field Values” > the Attachment field > then where it says “Flatten”, choose “Insert”.

The CSV format is not supported by Automations at this time.

To workaround this problem, you would likely be able to write a custom script to handle this for you. Or if you’re looking for a low-code way of handling this, you could use my favorite automation tool Integromat, which has built-in CSV integrations:

this worked form me, had no idea how to attach all files in one single email from all records.