I'd like external users (not on airtable) to find specific records in a airtable thanks to a form filtering a database.
Ex : I have a dataset of clothes, with criteria : type (tshirt, pullover, pant), prices, size, color
And I'd like my customer to be able to tick in a form those criteria (or not), so that I send him (or he sees) a database with only the specific records. ex : he ticks thisrt & pant, between 30 & 60€, M, blue, then lands (or have by email) the list of the 40 products that meet those conditions (among 3K products).
Thanks a lot !!!
Hmm, are you okay with sending a shared view? If so, you could:
1. Create a link between your dataset table and your form table
2. When a customer submits a form, trigger an automation that will:
- Look for all the records in your "Dataset" table that match the criteria the customer submitted
- Link all of the found records to the newly submitted form record
3. Create a shared view with a URL filter that will only display the records in your dataset that are linked to the newly submited form
4. Send the customer that link
You could have a formula field set up in your forms table that creates that prefilled URL for you as well so it'd all be automatic