Help

Re: Generate document using template that uses formulas to change the data, then send for e-signatur

495 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaexsz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey all,

I would like to generate a document using a template that uses formulas to change the data in that document, and then attach that to a contract (populated with information from Airtable also) which is then sent for e-signature.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Sure, this is pretty straightforward to accomplish by using Make’s automations and integrations for Airtable, which is an external automation & integration tool.

It would be a relatively simple 3-step process:

1. Generate the document in PDF format. You can pick any document creation software that you'd like. One of the most popular ones for Airtable is Documint, but there are tons more, such as DocsAutomator. You can even use plain old fashioned Google Docs or Microsoft Word as well, and you can automate those with Make.

2. Send it to an eSignature platform for signature. (Again, you would use Make for this.) You would send that document to any e-signature platform of your choice. The screenshot below shows a bunch that popped up when I searched for the word "sign" on Make. (See screenshot below.)

3. Email the people who need to sign it and/or store the document in Airtable. This can also be automated in Make. (In fact, the eSignature platform will probably automatically email the people when you send the document there.)

So the entire 3-step process would be completely automated & pieced together by Make.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 4.13.28 PM.png

Jotform has a document signing product that might help; not too sure whether it can populate said document with data from Airtable tho

Sergio
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi!

Try the Plumsail Documents extension for Airtable. Using the application as a connector, you can use it to fill the template with data from Airtable. Select the outgoing format of the received file (including PDF) and determine the method of delivery, including sending it for signature.