Help

Help - Automation to Move/Create identical record when checkbox is checked to new Table AND delete

166 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maggieduross
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I've read through most of the posts having to do with this and still can't find an answer that works.  Most ask why this would need to be done.  We are currently using Airtable as a mass outreach table for individuals we contract work with.  Occasionally, they retire, die, or are no longer to be put in rotation.  We have the checkmark to indicate they need to be removed from rotation but we also have to update our operations software with these notes and new changes and want a record to track those updates but not available to reach out to.  We already use filters and views and statuses for the dozens of other items we care about and work with.  We might need to put them back in rotation too so I would rather not delete 100% and just move to other table.  I don't know why this seems so hard to do as it seems like a very important function that a lot of people could use the option of.  Would appreciate any advice!

3 Replies 3
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Airtable doesn’t support a move but you could fake it with an automation and a script.  The automation would copy the record into the archive table and then run a script to delete the record from the active table. 

Thank you!  Any more details on how to setup that automation and script?

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

I still recommend you do not archive a record by deleting it from your table after moving it to another table.  However, if you want to do that, you can copy this base to see how to do it.