Help

How can I link all records that have a matching value in a field?

Topic Labels: Automations
384 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmr1443
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a series of formulas and automations set up to automatically determine a project's "project number". So I have hundreds of records in my "Projects" table. A dozen of them might have the same exact project number. This comes up pretty often.

I want to create an additional field, that just automatically links all projects that have the same project number as each other. What would be the best way to do this?

I have a feeling this might be a job for a script but I have no experience writing script. I've tried with chat GPT but got so many errors I wasn't able to make any progress.

Thanks in advance for any help!

3 Replies 3
salah_osman
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I think one way to solve this is to create a new table for unique project numbers, and use the built-in automations to populate and link this table with your existing "Projects" table based on the project numbers.

a script should not be necessary if I understood your issue correctly, lmk 

Thanks so much for your response! This sounds like a great solution. I can't quite picture the way the automation would work? 

How do would I set up the automation to populate the new table? And then how would I make the automation link everything both on the new table, and  on the original table?

I don't mind having a separate table, but it would essentially never be looked at. Everything needs to be accessible on the original table.

Thanks so much in advance!! I had considered this option before but couldn't quite put it all together. I think it's a great solution though.

I don't know what any of this means. I don't know why you are referencing HR databases. I'm guessing this is an spam/advertising for whatever HR software you linked. I'm going to report this as spam.