Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

How can I remove a value from an automation when a record is updated?

Topic Labels: Automations Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
73 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alyson_Harris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I am having trouble figuring out an automation.

I have a field for a project end-date, and I use an automation to enter a fiscal quarter based on a date table (and another automation to update that quarter if the date changes). 

When the project is cancelled or put on hold, I need to remove that date. When I do that, the fiscal quarter field remains as the last entered. Is there a way to have that revert to blank?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

How is a project put on hold? If there is a button or something that runs an automation that clears the {Project End-Date} field also clear the {Fiscal Quarter} field.

If there isn't an existing automation that you can leverage, you can create a new automation based on the trigger when the record meets the conditions that the {Project End-Date} is empty and the {Fiscal Quarter} is not empty. Have the automation update the {Fiscal Quarter} to a blank value.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

How is a project put on hold? If there is a button or something that runs an automation that clears the {Project End-Date} field also clear the {Fiscal Quarter} field.

If there isn't an existing automation that you can leverage, you can create a new automation based on the trigger when the record meets the conditions that the {Project End-Date} is empty and the {Fiscal Quarter} is not empty. Have the automation update the {Fiscal Quarter} to a blank value.