Help

Re: How I can move specific rows of data to another table?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1800 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWalker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

I'd like to know how I can move specific rows of data to another table. I have already created an auto move using the extensions however I'm not 100% sure if this will move all data or if I can select what gets moved.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanB
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You need to set up your automation so that when a record matches certain conditions, it creates a new record in another table that copies the fields you need into the corresponding fields in that table.  Each time you conditions are what you specify, the automation will create the new record.  If the conditions don't match, nothing will happen.

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
JonathanB
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You need to set up your automation so that when a record matches certain conditions, it creates a new record in another table that copies the fields you need into the corresponding fields in that table.  Each time you conditions are what you specify, the automation will create the new record.  If the conditions don't match, nothing will happen.

Thank you that's really helped me. 😊

No problem 🙂

@JWalker Also, is there a specific reason that you need to move entire rows to another table? Often, people just need to use views, which are different ways of seeing the same records in different ways. I discuss views at length in my free Airtable training course which you can take for free by signing up for a trial membership with LinkedIn Learning: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-airtable/  

We have 2 tabs one for 'All Events' and another for 'Requests'. 'Requests' has a form and once we click 'Yes' on our 'Accept' column I want it to be transferred over to our All Events Tab. I have sorted it now. Thank you for the links though.

That’s the exact use-case scenario for using views, but glad you found another solution that works for you too!