Help

How to build email with two buttons (choices) and receive choice to AT?

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
671 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpelaU
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone!

I want to send email to our customers in which I want them to choose between two options (buttons). "YES" or "NO" depending if they agree with the cost of repair for their product.

How can I build this buttons and email so that I can get their choice direct to the AirTable? 

I already have one single select field with yes/no option. But I don't know what to do next.

Thank you for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@SpelaU You can’t use a prefilled Airtable form for this without also adding in an Airtable automation and most likely an extra table into your base as well, so that would add a lot of unnecessary clutter/overhead to your base.

If you want to do this with a form, the best way is to use a free Fillout form. Fillout lets you actually update Airtable records from a form, so you can just send them to Fillout for that specific record, and they can approve it there, which automatically updates the record. No extra tables needed, no extra automations needed.

Now that would still end up being 2 or 3 clicks for them, whereas my simple & easy Make webhook option that I mentioned above would only be 1 click for them, and they can do it all from their email. I demonstrate the webhook option on this Airtable podcast episode.

See Solution in Thread

8 Replies 8

This is super easy to do with Make’s custom webhooks and Make’s Airtable automations.

I give step-by-step directions on how to do this on this Airtable podcast episode.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

Hmm, if you're open to adding two clicks to the customer's workflow you can do this super easily with just a prefilled form link.  The user flow would be:
1. User clicks button in your email
2. Form opens, they select "Yes" or "No"
3. They click submit
4. They see the Airtable form "Thanks for your submission" page

If you really want to reduce it down to a single click you could make use of Airtable's webhook automations, but the problem with those is that the page that opens when the user clicks the button the page that opens up will be pretty much just blank, so your users will have no idea what just happened

The final option is to use a third party tool like Zapier or Make or something that can take in that webhook for you and then return a web page.  I think you'd need to create that webpage with some basic HTML to tell users "Thanks for your submission" or some such, but that's simple enough to do really

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@SpelaU You can’t use a prefilled Airtable form for this without also adding in an Airtable automation and most likely an extra table into your base as well, so that would add a lot of unnecessary clutter/overhead to your base.

If you want to do this with a form, the best way is to use a free Fillout form. Fillout lets you actually update Airtable records from a form, so you can just send them to Fillout for that specific record, and they can approve it there, which automatically updates the record. No extra tables needed, no extra automations needed.

Now that would still end up being 2 or 3 clicks for them, whereas my simple & easy Make webhook option that I mentioned above would only be 1 click for them, and they can do it all from their email. I demonstrate the webhook option on this Airtable podcast episode.

Thank you @ScottWorld. Is it possible to create this links (in your email) as a buttons? I really want the links to be more visual so that my clients can't miss them.

@SpelaU 

Sure, you can make buttons or make the emails as visual as you want. You just need to design your email with HTML instead of plain text.

SpelaU
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@ScottWorld thank you for your explained option with Make. I did it and it great!

I do however have some issues to create more visual links (as buttons) in email directly from AirTable Automations. Do I need third party for this?

SpelaU
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@ScottWorld also one additional question about Make. I need to write response in 3 different languages (depending on a country that my client is from) but I don't want to write them all in one response. What is the best and simpliest way to do that?

Thanks!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As I mentioned above, you can create your own visual buttons in your emails by using HTML code instead of plain text.

If you need help converting your text to HTML code, you can use a text to HTML website.

If you want 3 different language emails, then you could use conditional paths (known as "filters") in Make.

There can be a bit of a learning curve when using Make's automations & integrations, which is why I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread. Make even has a free training academy now, where you can learn more about filters (and other advanced Make topics.)

I also give live demonstrations of how to use Make in many of my Airtable podcast appearances here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbH9iE5ncCk&list=PLqssva4liHRwHhQIpTXekG8WObEoyC2F1

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld