Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

How to extract the attachment from email in Airtable?

575 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arthur_CRM
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I am using the "when a new email is received" from outlook email on Airtable automation to collect the information about the email I receive.
However, it is not directly possible to get the attachment (is it coming soon?).

I have seen some discussion about using Zapier, but Zapier is very expensive. Make is also a solution, but unfortunately the "Trigger module" Outlook email from Make is not "instant", it means it doesn't trigger everytime an email is received but we have to set up an interval for it to run....Not the most convenient (also does it create problems if then more than 1 new email is detected an imported?).

So my question is, do you have any other way?

Thank you, 

Have a nice day, 

Arthur

2 Replies 2
Sachin_191
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey Arthur

we can set up a combination of Make and a custom script. While it's true that Make's Outlook email trigger isn't instant, we can set a reasonable interval and implement a script to handle multiple emails effectively. 

1. Set up Make to fetch emails at regular intervals.
  2. Use a custom Make scenario to process each email, extracting attachments and uploading them to Airtable.
  3. Implement error handling to manage multiple email detections seamlessly.

By integrating Make and a custom script, we can create a robust solution that works within the constraints of available tools and budget.

Let's Schedule the call and discuss this in more detail. I look forward to talking to you and your team should they join us.

We can help you with your integrations, implementations, support, improvement, training, and services and you can also learn along the way!