1774 9
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Shaw1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Using the insert Grid/List of Records into Automation email how can I include more than the Name field of the record,? Similar to what you can do with a Grid in the Page Layout designer? So the result in the email would look like:

Name 1 Date Status

Name 2 Date Status

Name 3 Date Status

Again this is a field in the main record that looks up related records that I want a Grid of, but with more details.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Email automations are different from Page Designer in that you can only choose fields in your current table. So you can just add lookup fields to your table and then use those lookup fields in your automation.

See Solution in Thread

9 Replies 9

Can you share screenshots of your automation?

Sure I guess but I don't think it will help you understand my question. I'm pretty sure the insert list or grid does not allow any other record fields to be added just the name. PleaseAT AUto Grid list.PNG advise

I'm not really sure why you are using a conditional logic and don't just add that condition to your trigger step? 

For the "list of records", you can't select any of the fields? That's strange... If I click on it and choose "edit token" I can choose all the fields. 

Mike_Shaw1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

well when I click on edit token it shows fields from the main source not the linked record , so that's is what I am asking about , are you referring to a List of linked records field? am I missing something? Also my automation will include many emails based on conditional logic from options chosen from a select field. SO please focus on my exact question.

"SO please focus on my exact question."

🙈🙈🙈

well you started making comments about why I am using conditional logic, that is irrelevant, no? Can you just confirm that you are able to insert a Grid/List from a linked record then when you edit the token it shows a list of fields from the linked record you can add and show in the Grid/List of the linked record? Perhaps you can share a screen shot of this since I am lost obviously.

Mike_Shaw1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@ScottWorld  Can you help me with this? I can't get any real insight here. No matter what I do the insert Grid or List in reference to a Linked record only gives the Linked record name and I cannot add any related fields into the Grid from that linked record as you can in the Page Designer Extension for example. My guess is it is not possible.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Email automations are different from Page Designer in that you can only choose fields in your current table. So you can just add lookup fields to your table and then use those lookup fields in your automation.

Thanks. That's what I thought but I got some confusing advise previously. I'll see if I can make it work but it will be tricky.