cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cole_Wedemeier
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello!

I have a formula field set to format as a percent in the table. That field is then part of a linked record lookup field in a table that will trigger automation to send emails. I want to share that percentage in the email. However, when I use the lookup field in the body of the email, it only allows me to include the number as a decimal.  Is there a way to get this to show the percentage?

The original formula field formatted as a percent:
Cole_Wedemeier_0-1724452017299.png

The lookup field settings:

Cole_Wedemeier_1-1724452115415.png

The automation's email token:

Cole_Wedemeier_2-1724452162805.png

The result in the email:

Cole_Wedemeier_3-1724452219787.png

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Mike_AutomaticN's suggestion works perfectly.  I'd also suggest throwing in a ROUND() to deal with any floating point weirdness as discussed here

Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 11.32.38 AM.png

ROUND(Percentage * 100, 2) & "%"

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Mike_AutomaticN
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

If you do not find any better solution, I’d suggest having an additional field on your table called something like “Formatted %”, where you just multiply the “Reff difference..”  value *100. Then on the body of the email you reference this new field, and you include “%” next to it. Would that help?

@Mike_AutomaticN's suggestion works perfectly.  I'd also suggest throwing in a ROUND() to deal with any floating point weirdness as discussed here

Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 11.32.38 AM.png

ROUND(Percentage * 100, 2) & "%"

Sometimes, we do these things so often that we over complicate what's right in front of us. Thank you both, @Mike_AutomaticN  + @TheTimeSavingCo !