cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_S
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I am new to Airtable, and have started to import data from my existing data stores. As part of my import, I would like to import and sync data from two different google sheets into one table in Airtable. The first sheet contains all of our customers and their data, the second sheet contains the results of a survey, which was only filled out by a subset of our customers. If a customer fills out the survey, I would like to include their responses in the resulting table with their other data.

Is there a way to do this?

Tom S

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

It sounds like you'd want to continue using Google Sheets while using Airtable, is that right?  If so, I think you'll need to use a third party tool like Zapier or something to sync data over

Assuming each customer has a unique ID that is shared between the customer data and the survey data, you could use Zapier (or equivalent) to look for the correct record in Airtable before adding the survey data to that record

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

It sounds like you'd want to continue using Google Sheets while using Airtable, is that right?  If so, I think you'll need to use a third party tool like Zapier or something to sync data over

Assuming each customer has a unique ID that is shared between the customer data and the survey data, you could use Zapier (or equivalent) to look for the correct record in Airtable before adding the survey data to that record

Thanks Adam,

We already use Zapier for some things, so this seems like a workable solution. In fact, our customer data sheet is built by Zapier when someone signs up for our program, so I guess we could just switch over to having Zapier fill in the table in Airtable, and switch from google sheets to airtable for that. Then we could use zapier to add the data from the survey. 

Thanks again for the idea.

Tom

Yeah that sounds like it'd work.  There's a business reason that prevents you from just moving the entire workflow including forms to Airtable I take it? 

Current there is, but I am working on a way to eliminate that reason.

The issue we currently have is that we have a set of App Script scripts that read the survey results spreadsheet and generate some google doc documents based on the results of the survey.

If I were able to eliminate that and could have google forms just dump the data into Airtable, my understanding is that it would have to go into its own table. This would also not be ideal, as we are trying to keep all the customer data in one table.

> If I were able to eliminate that and could have google forms just dump the data into Airtable, my understanding is that it would have to go into its own table. This would also not be ideal, as we are trying to keep all the customer data in one table.

Ah yeah, you'd end up with one table where each record is a customer and one table where each record's a form submission, split up and not like you want.  Could create some workarounds for that, but seems like we're in a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" sort of situation heh