cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrea_Borriero
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

I need to insert the current date in a filed when a second field is updated (Yes or no) in the record updated.

My need is that the first field is a "Date" because it could be modified inserting a different date in the case of any modification.

I can not find any solution: automation with a button is too difficult for me (script) and automation does not the job for the record updating.

Please can you help me? It seems so easy ... (I surely prefer Airtable but actually Spreadsheed does it in a minute).

Best regards

A. Borriero

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vivid-Squid
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

There is a Field type called Last Modified Time. Then set that to only watch the Checkbox field. Every time the box is checked or unchecked the Date will update.

VividSquid_0-1695747330146.pngVividSquid_1-1695747349568.png

If you need a Date field to be editable (for other modifications than the checkbox) you can set an automation to watch for changes to Last Modified Time and update a Date Field when that happens.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Vivid-Squid
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

There is a Field type called Last Modified Time. Then set that to only watch the Checkbox field. Every time the box is checked or unchecked the Date will update.

VividSquid_0-1695747330146.pngVividSquid_1-1695747349568.png

If you need a Date field to be editable (for other modifications than the checkbox) you can set an automation to watch for changes to Last Modified Time and update a Date Field when that happens.

Dear Vivid-Squid,

thank you very much, indeed.

Even though is a workaround in comparison to a direct automatiion it does the job; I've seen that the process is a bit slow (5-10 sec), but it works very well.

Best regards.

A. Borriero