Re: Issue with input.config when Adding a subscriber using Mailerlite API

1369 2
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast
Right now, I have set up a base with a form. Upon submitting the form, I want this script to run to add the preferred email & name as subscribers in the Mailerlite API. Here's the script, it's pretty straightforward. I make a POST request to the MailerLite API using data from input.config to create the body of the request.


let inputConfig = input.config();

//selecting preferred email for mailerlite
if (inputConfig.other_email != null){
inputConfig.preferred_email = inputConfig.other_email;

//constructing record for mailerlite
let content = {
"groups": ["1",]

//setting up mailerlite API call
var myHeaders = new Headers();
myHeaders.append("Content-Type", "application/json");
myHeaders.append("Accept", "application/json");
myHeaders.append("Authorization", "Bearer {$api_key}");

var requestOptions = {
method: 'POST',
headers: myHeaders,
body: JSON.stringify(content),
redirect: 'follow'

fetch("", requestOptions)
.then(response => response.text())
.then(result => console.log(result))
.catch(error => console.log('error', error));



When I test this locally, I manually set 



let inputConfig = {
"preferred_email" : "",
"other_email": null,
"name": "test dummy"



This works fine! I get the correct response, 



{"data":{"id":"...","email":"","status":"active","source":"api","sent":0,"opens_count":0,"clicks_count":0,"open_rate":0,"click_rate":0,"ip_address":null,"subscribed_at":"2022-12-29 17:50:36","unsubscribed_at":null,"created_at":"2022-12-29 17:50:35","updated_at":"2022-12-29 17:50:36","fields":{"name":null,"last_name":null,"company":null,"country":null,"city":null,"phone":null,"state":null,"z_i_p":null,"school":null,"class_year":null,"subtype":null},"groups":[{"id":"1","name":"Main Listserv","active_count":255,"sent_count":2487,"opens_count":1311,"open_rate":{"float":0.52714113389626,"string":"52.71%"},"clicks_count":151,"click_rate":{"float":0.060715721753116,"string":"6.07%"},"unsubscribed_count":8,"unconfirmed_count":0,"bounced_count":7,"junk_count":0,"created_at":"2022-03-30 09:33:40"}],"location":null,"opted_in_at":null,"optin_ip":null}}


However, when I run the script inside the script editor in the automations center in Airtable, I get a TypeError back from the MailerLite API. Why might this be? I thought it could be an issue with the input.config and the way I am accessing it, but I am not sure. Maybe another pair of eyes can help?


5 Replies 5
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@yva2002 Couple of questions that might suggest. Don't you forget to put variables on the left pane of your script editor? Is the response correct not showing "name": "test dummy"?

Yes, I have selected the variables on the left pane. When I console.log(inputConfig) I get

{name: "Testing Dummy "preferred_email: ""other_email: null}

I console.log(content) I get

{email: "", name: "Testing Dummy ", groups: Array(1)}

as desired. 

So I can assume that the request being sent, as far as I can tell, seems correct? Except that it must not be, because I get an error from Mailerlite API as the response

Error {name: "TypeError"}

5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 2.46.44 PM.png

Here's the actual console window for editing the script (I have a different email here than, this is an email I can access the inbox of for testing reasons) - I noticed that it does give error highlighting for some attributed of inputConfig, but that seems to be because I previously had different names for variables inside inputConfig which haven't changed for the internal debugger 

It seems not ok when you try to assign a value to the input variable "preffered_email". You can use variables only for data input. If you need to assign a value to a cell you should use UpdateRecordAsync function.

5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Update, it wasn't at all related to airtable or input config - the redirect request was causing the problem. Thanks for all your replies!