Help

Re: Keep receiving "Could not convert string to date." Error when trying to automate Date

Solved
Jump to Solution
247 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hernandez24
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a form where users will enter product details, among those details is the "Field Date", I am trying to set up automation so that when they submit a form and enter a new record, it takes the "Field Date" and subtracts 11 days from it and then enters the new date into the "Feedback Due" column for that product.

I have a TRIGGER set to recognize when the "Field Date" is not empty. My ACTION is set to Update Record, then in the "Feedback Due" I am trying to use DATEADD({Field Date}, -11, 'days') to calculate the new date.

I just get "Field "Feedback Due" cannot accept the provided value: Could not convert string to date."

Both columns are set to the same date format. I am new to airtable and would appreciate any help anyone can provide to get me going in the right direction.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hm if I were you I'd set up my data like so:

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 1.30.55 PM.png

With the formula field being set up like this:
Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 1.30.59 PM.png

Which would allow me to set up my automation like this:

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 1.30.46 PM.png

Link to base

---
I'm curious why you want the "Feedback Due" field to be a date field though.  Is it that the "Field Date" value can be updated after the form is submitted and you want the "Feedback Due" field to remain unchanged?

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hm if I were you I'd set up my data like so:

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 1.30.55 PM.png

With the formula field being set up like this:
Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 1.30.59 PM.png

Which would allow me to set up my automation like this:

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 1.30.46 PM.png

Link to base

---
I'm curious why you want the "Feedback Due" field to be a date field though.  Is it that the "Field Date" value can be updated after the form is submitted and you want the "Feedback Due" field to remain unchanged?

Thank you! that works for me, and yes it is because there will be occasions where we will need to change a due date. (weekends and holidays for example).

I was hoping to be able to perform calculations within the automation, but this way till work too.