cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isobel_16
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I am building a use case for airtable for my company, and this involves linking data collected via an airtable form to membership data which is held externally to airtable. I need to match the records from the form entries to those in the membership data and import the relevant membership number for each individual into a column in my airtable base. Is this possible? Do you have any advice on how best to implement this? Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You could probably use an automation tool like Zapier for this, where the Zap triggers when a form is submitted, searches your external data for relevant records, grabs whatever data you need and then updates Airtable with the found data.  Hard to say without knowing exactly where your membership data resides

If possible, you could also just sync all your membership data into Airtable, and then just use automations with linked fields to handle this for you which might be a much cleaner option I think. 

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You could probably use an automation tool like Zapier for this, where the Zap triggers when a form is submitted, searches your external data for relevant records, grabs whatever data you need and then updates Airtable with the found data.  Hard to say without knowing exactly where your membership data resides

If possible, you could also just sync all your membership data into Airtable, and then just use automations with linked fields to handle this for you which might be a much cleaner option I think.