Help

Re: Move data from one table to another with checkbox - WooCommerce & deepl intergration

930 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starfiniti
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

So the use case here is that we have a store with 50,000 products and we will start building additional stores. 

So I want to have a main product table where all the products are. This one is already done in Excel. Then I want to add checkboxes for B2B, IT, DE, and FR (Italy, Germany, France).  So when I click on the checkbox on the main list it should appear in the additional list. So when I click on b2b it should appear on b2b with all relevant data. In b2b I have additional fields where for b2b pricing for A, B, and C that I calculate with certain formulas based on Acquisition pricing.  Up to this point, it was easy. I already did this with automation.

But where the problem comes is how the hell do I delete the record after? So I have it in b2b now. But let's say I don't want to sell it in b2b and I remove the checkbox. The records need to be deleted from b2b. I was thinking that the checkbox should be a relationship field that is the same in both tables and if I unchecked it in b2b or the main table the records should be removed but ONLY from the b2b table.  The same use cases go for other countries, IT, DE. There will be additional fields for translated titles, translated descriptions, and so on. 

Other question and uses cases are. How do I cost-effectively automate this with WooCommerce? We will be moving 50k+ data to WooCommerce daily and Integromat and stuff like that that charges per record are expensive as hell for use cases like this. Did anyone make a nice integration with Woo? I didn't find any on Google. I'm not sure how to get records from Airtable to WooCommerce 😞

Another use case is that we will sometimes use Deepl API to translate. I haven't tried this one yet but probably I can do this with Intergromat. So when I click on the checkbox "translate" it will run Deepl automatic translation. 

I was looking for a tool that I could use for this use case for a long time. I tried Pimcore and Akeneo PIM but so far Aitrable beats them in simplicity and automation. 

Any help and advice are appreciated!!

4 Replies 4
Stritual
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Try WooPulse.io

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

In Airtable, you wouldn’t typically want to move products from one table to another, nor would you want to keep creating & deleting products across multiple different tables.

In Airtable, you would ideally want to create ONE table that has many different views. Each view would be filtered to show you only the records that you want to see.

I discuss views in detail in my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a trial membership with LinkedIn Learning: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-airtable/

Also, as you already suggested, the best way to communicate between Airtable and WooCommerce and DeepL is to use Make’s automations & integrations.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well. 

Thank you for your advice.

But one question comes to my mind if I have only different views. Can export only the data that I have in that view? So when I'm transferring data from the b2b view to the b2b woocommerce site? 

At the moment I don't even know how to export data to Woo 😅 But yeah this is my concern with views. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, each view has its own export option, which enables you to export that view’s data to a CSV file.

And those CSV exports from individual views can also be automated with Make’s CSV modules as well. I discuss how to automatically import & export CSV files on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast

Alternatively, if you wanted to export directly from Airtable to WooCommerce, you would also use Make to handle that direct communication for you, but you would need to spend time creating your own custom automations to handle that.

p.s. If you have a healthy budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld