693 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Baker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am working on an offboarding workflow to use when an employee is termed and leaves the company. I made a form that is the start of the process. Once a record is created from a submitted form the automation will send out an email to the terminated user and five staff members that all have tasks to complete. Looking for a way that the staff members can reply to the email they receive, and the reply update the airtable base. See what I have currently in the pic below.

Patrick_Baker_0-1676397393544.png

Ideally, I would like to have a single select field that the user could pick an answer from and then email it back to to airtable to update the base. As a workaround, I am buiding single select fields in the table and making an interface that I can link to in the email. The interface will contain only the relevant questions for that user.

1 Reply 1

Simplest method might involve creating a form per user and allowing them to click into it and submit it?

For your desired workflow of allowing them to reply to an email, you'd probably need a third party tool like Zapier for it.  In your automation to send the email, set up a custom email address that they'd reply to (e.g. yourname+person1@gmail.com, yourname+person2@gmail.com), and then create Zaps that will trigger when an email gets sent to those addresses that does different actions as needed

Form method feels a lot simpler and cleaner though