cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timothy_Hoolhor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi!

I would like to order the records, find by 'find records" in automations, based on the date field. Now, al the records are views complete random...

Does anybody has any idea? 

3 Replies 3

Sadly, when you find by condition, the order is random. However, when you find by a view, the sort order should match the view in most cases.

But for more precise control & very advanced control over sort order when finding records, you may want to use Make’s Airtable automationsThere is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. 

HI!

@ScottWorld thanks. However, I am using this automations for creating invoices. In a large view of many records, the records according to this customer are found for addition to the specific invoice. 

Maybe I am a fool, but I can not create an idea how to combine this with the 'view' function :). 

Ah, I see what you're saying. You know, I actually think this might still be possible with Airtable's Automations, but it would definitely be tricky to setup. Alli Allosa discussed a very similar automation on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast. However, I would probably recommend that you use Make instead, because it would much more straightforward to configure in Make.